NeuroLipid Testing is the cell membrane and mitochondrial evaluation. We discover systematic and integrative methods to study the diversity, cellular distribution, and properties of lipids and protein-lipid interactions in situ, in the whole brain tissue.
NeuroLipid Fact Sheet:
- The health of the membrane can be enhanced with a membrane stabilizing diet with balanced essential fatty acid and phospholipid supplementation.
- The major diseases of our time can be prevented by focusing on the removal of epigenetic toxins and stabilizing cell membranes with phospholipids.
- Trans fatty acids which act as plastic in the cell are now commonly recognized as unhealthy but very long chain fatty acids found in canola oil, mustard, peanut butter/peanut oil are also detrimental and can challenge the liver and brain.
- The inner membrane of mitochondria are revitalized with linoleic acid ( found in Specific Ratio 3 oil, SR3 oil, containing 4 parts linoleic: 1 part alpha linoleic, high linoleic safflower oil, sunflower seeds) and phosphatidylethanolamine and are a major focus of supplementation for patients with neurological disease.
- All individuals struggling with emotional instability have a very low total lipid content within their cells; this may be attended to with a high targeted lipid diet and support of lipid digestion.
- All thought and movement involves neuronal membranes to carry the signals which involves electrical transmission to wiggle a finger or blink an eye which is dependent upon healthy phospholipid membranes.
- Too much fish oil can be detrimental to health status due to competitive inhibition and the fact that omega 6 and omega 3 are both essential, one is not more important than the other and must be balanced.