ADVANCED DIAGNOSTIC ED TESTING
The real solution to Erectile Dysfunction (ED) and Pelvic Pain begins by properly understanding the problem. The Doctors Studio team begins the ED testing process with a comprehensive blood panel and imaging tests that give us insight into the exact cause of your unique condition. Getting and maintaining an erection is a complex process and we are thorough in considering all of the possible causes of your ED when developing a treatment plan focused to deliver YOU results.
A Penile Duplex Doppler Ultrasound is performed in the office to look at your penile health. This painless imaging procedure helps us determine the exact cause of the problem you are having and what it will take to fix it. By learning the overall health of your penis and how much blood flows in and out, as well as whether nerve damage or deficient valves are causing the penis to lose rigidity. It can also find the presence of calcification or fibrosis that can cause pain and bending of the penile shaft (Peyronies). Using this information, we can fully evaluate your genital region and uncover the cause of your problem.
In addition, a coronary calcium score is taken to evaluate the degree of plaque build up in the arteries that supply your heart muscle. These examinations are combined with detailed questionnaires and an in-depth interview designed to uncover even the most subtle causes of ED and pelvic pain syndromes, as well as uncover significant coronary heart disease and even identify the risk of stroke.
Below are some common tests needed to make an accurate diagnosis of the root cause of your ED or pain problem.
- CARDIOVASCULAR EVALUATION TO LOOK AT OXIDATION, INFLAMMATION AND LIPOPROTEIN FUNCTION
- SEX HORMONE, THYROID AND HPA EVALUATION (PITUITARY, THYROID, OVARIES, TESTES, ADRENAL)
- METABOLIC EVALUATION (INSULIN SENSITIVITY, CARBOHYDRATE INTOLERANCE, SATIETY SIGNALING, FAT STORAGE)
- GENETIC TESTING (METHYLATION, PLATELETS, CLOTTING RISK, APO E)
- CANCER PREVENTION TESTING (MONITOR MARKERS, STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION)
- AUTOIMMUNE PROFILE (THYROID, RHEUMATOID, GENERAL)
- NUTRIENT EVALUATION (VITAMINS, MINERALS, AMINO ACIDS)
- LIVER AND KIDNEY FUNCTION, BLOOD PROTEINS
- IRON STORAGE AND BINDING
- COMPREHENSIVE URINE ANALYSIS